duff n : a stiff flour pudding steamed or boiled usually containing e.g. currents and citron
- Rhymes: -ʌf
Etymology 1Representing a northern pronunciation of dough.
- A stiff flour pudding, often with dried fruit, boiled in a cloth bag, or steamed
Etymology 2Origin uncertain; probably imitative.
not working properly
- Finnish: rikkinäinen
Etymology 3Origin uncertain; perhaps the same as Etymology 1, above.
- The buttocks.
- Finnish: takamus
Etymology 4Originally thieves' slang; probably a back-formation from duffer.
- (insult) Dumb/Designated Ugly Fat Friend, an attractive woman's less attractive friend
- (science fiction fandom) Down Under Fan Fund, a fan fund to bring Australasian members of fandom to North America and vice versa, in alternating years.
- Double-Ugly Flying Fucker, a nickname given to the F-4 Phantom II fighter jet
- Davidson Ultimate Frisbee Folk, the name of the Davidson College ultimate team
In addition to its dictionary meanings, Duff may refer to:
- See Duff (surname)
As an acronym
- Double-Ugly Flying Fucker, a nickname for the F-4 Phantom II fighter jet
- the Designated Ugly Fat Friend in a group of girls
duff in Czech: Duff
duff in Danish: Duff
duff in German: Duff
duff in Italian: Duff
duff in Spanish: Duff
duff in French: Duff
duff in Norwegian: Duff
duff in Polish: Duff
duff in Finnish: Duff
duff in Swedish: Duff